EMERGENCY: Can't shut off water to this tub!

Old 11-22-06, 02:13 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation EMERGENCY: Can't shut off water to this tub!

I live in a mobile home and have a garden-style bath tub. Someone turned the Cold knob a bit too far and it popped, and now the cold water doesn't shut off.

I shut off the main water in the house and took a look at it. I managed to yank off the knob and took the valve out. It looks like the threads that connect the two are broken.

When I try my best to stick the valve back down in, it doesn't seem to fit all the way in, and even when it does seem tight, the cold water STILL flows whenever the main water in the house is on. The little valve itself jiggles and wiggles in place.

The tub's access panel doesn't have a shutoff for just the tub itself. At least, I couldn't find one and my father (who used to work on mobile homes) said there may not be one.

The only mobile home parts dealer in town is closed for the rest of the week. Isn't that convenient?

IN SHORT:
The tub won't stop blasting cold water. The only way to stop it is to shut off all the water in my home, and that's a huge, huge problem.

Old 11-22-06, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 50 Posts
ccolley,

It is highly unlikely that you have a bathtub fixture that is only common to mobile homes.

I would suggest that you take the cartridge portion to a larger hardware store or plumbing supply and I'm sure you could match up a replacement.
Take the hot water one as a sample as well and replace them both.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: