water for refrigerator/freezer

Old 12-18-06, 11:26 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
water for refrigerator/freezer

My refrigerator will not move far enough back because the valve for the water line is not in the wall like it should be. Some of the pipe and valve stick out about 3 to 4 " from the wall. I plan on replacing current refrigerator with newer model and would like to move valve so that it is in the wall and not sticking out of the wall. Therefore, allowing the refrigerator to be pushed back all the way to the wall. I tried to put a shorter valve on the end of the pipe but it leaked and it only help by 1". Can anyone give me suggestions on this? Thanks, The Ladyfixer

Old 12-18-06, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Is this a inside wall in the home???And not the outside wall
Id cut out the drywall aome and put the shutoff inside it. The fridge will hide the hole

Old 12-18-06, 11:38 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Difficult to determine what your setup is exactly.... I'm assuming you have 1/2 inch copper line coming out of the wall and extending 3-4 inches from it with a shutoff valve attached. Not common, but not unheard of. If so, I would put an elbow at the wall heading straight up.. and put a valve on top of that. Or.. if you're not prepared to sweat piping - a 90 degree compression fitting would work - allowing your new fridge to come to within about 1 inch of the wall. If the pipe is coming out of the floor 3 - 4 inches from the wall... is it a solid pipe (1/2 copper) or copper tubing (1/4 inch)? Your actual situation will dictate the solution to your dilemma.

Old 12-18-06, 12:17 PM
J
Most of the home cnters sale a valve assembly that can be recessed into the wall.

Old 12-19-06, 02:12 PM
ice box

Thank you for all your suggestions. I found someone to fix it for me. Apparently they call the box that goes into the wall an ice box. I didn't really want to mess with a pipe cutter anyway. The Ladyfixer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: