looking for a 1" Copper 90 degree

Old 12-22-06, 04:32 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
looking for a 1" Copper 90 degree

Not the usual 90 degree type with the two female ends. I need a double male for an unusual application where I am going between two female sweat fittings, and I desperately need the extra inch this will buy me. What do I ask for in the store? (I hate those "dumb homeowner" stares at the counter!) I've seen the male to female els, but haven't seen the double males designed for sweat fitting, are they made?

Pete

Old 12-22-06, 04:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Pete, you may have to go with two street 45's (male/female) and couple them together with a piece of 1" copper on the female ends. Not sure if you will find the double male el, but check with the suppliers anyway. Good luck with the search.

Old 12-23-06, 07:41 AM
J
Just connect them with a stub of pipe. Ive sawed half the collar of fittings before to get them in tight places and never had a problem with the downsized solder jouint. Ive only used a couple of copper street fittings, yes ther is such a thing, but I dont know why. Stick a short stub in an elbow and you have a street elbow.

Old 12-24-06, 10:21 AM
R
double spigot el

Well, I guess they don't exist! It isn't that easy as has been suggested. It is a very tight situation, and I am cutting into a copper tube for thermic valve (6-1/2" wide) that will have unions with female sweat fittings--it would mate perfectly with the end on the existing 90 that's there (it is street el to begin with, and it's spigot end goes into another fitting) IF I could change it to one with that had two spigot ends. The thermic valve has a third port that needs to line up with the main return for the boiler that is directly below where I wish to mount it.. There's no margin to play with--I need the 1/2" at the 90! I'm going to bite the bullet and redo most of the close in plumbing to resolve this issue and some others in the spring.

Old 12-25-06, 09:04 AM
J
I have seen regular copper street ellbows and believe me you would get any extra room using one, at least from the ones I have seen. Maybe some are manufacured differently. Sounds like you have the right idea. I replaced one of these plumbed in coffee makers for my great-aunt several years ago. Thought it would be an easy job but ran into the same problem yuo have. I had to tear into a plaster/lath wall to get to the plumbing and move it around so it would fit the new coffee maker.

Old 12-25-06, 02:04 PM
I was ready to throw in a big " in your dreams" comment, but decided to check the Nibco catalog first! Much to my surprise, it is available! It is called a "close rough" 90 fitting elbow( ftg X ftg-Wrot) Part number is 607-2-2 (1")

A large supply house could get it. If they don't stock it, you may have to but a whole box.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: