Replace house trap?

Old 12-27-06, 08:46 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replace house trap?

I am remodeling a house originally built around 1930, when going to rough in the new plumbing found what I believe to be a house trap under the floor (I think this was outside the original house.) I was planning on replacing this only moving it closer to the street by about five feet. Do I even need to replace this trap or simply prove a clean out?

Old 12-27-06, 09:29 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
House trap

Originally Posted by chris4437
I am remodeling a house originally built around 1930, when going to rough in the new plumbing found what I believe to be a house trap under the floor (I think this was outside the original house.) I was planning on replacing this only moving it closer to the street by about five feet. Do I even need to replace this trap or simply prove a clean out?
We have to get on the old bugaboo with this question; codes are local, you have to find out what they say in your area, some say that a house trap has to be in the dwelling. Most require a clean-out on or near the trap.

FYI where I work [the NE] most were banned many years ago. Sorry for the negative but your area is were you have to get the answer. Lots of luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: