How to find a leak in drain pipe

Old 12-27-06, 03:22 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to find a leak in drain pipe

I live in a house that is over 40 years old. There is a leak in the basement that is coming from the drain in the kitchen above. Water is coming through or under the block wall about 8 feet from the line from the kitchen. This line goes to a septic tank and appears to go through the slab.
How do I find this leak? Should I start at the drain or at the point of the leak? Is the pipe under the block wall? Where might the pipe go under the floor in the basement.
Thanks David

Old 12-28-06, 05:45 AM
T
follow the water........ 8' away from the kitchen? hmmmm. another line perhaps? it doesn't really matter, follow the water............... and if at all possible don't crack the concrete until you need to, by following the water.......

Old 12-28-06, 07:09 AM
F
Water

Originally Posted by tooljims
follow the water........ 8' away from the kitchen? hmmmm. another line perhaps? it doesn't really matter, follow the water............... and if at all possible don't crack the concrete until you need to, by following the water.......
Do you think the pipe is under the concrete?

Old 12-28-06, 05:19 PM
T
i was more referring to the soil cover on the other side of the wall such as walkways and patios. if you generally know the direction just follow the pipe. i assume the septic is working okay and this line is not tied to a grey water system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: