moving the existing plumbing?

Old 01-05-07, 08:32 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
moving the existing plumbing?

this is really hard to explain without pictures, and I just cant get any right now I am trying to make it up with drawings, but Im no artist so bare with me.

My house was built in '63, and has cast iron pipes I believe.

I have two bathrooms. They share a wall. The tub in the hallway bath is back to back with the sink in the MB bath, the toilets were back to back and then the shower/sink. All of the plumbing is in the wall that seperates the bathrooms, basically in the center of what I want to be one bathroom.

The pipe drawing is what the pipes look like if you are standing in the hall bath looking at the back wall, all pipes are in the back wall. Every pipe that goes to the bottom of the drawing goes into a cement slab. Can these pipes be moved to allow one larger bathroom? if so, how would we go about doing it? Could I wall in the pipes on the right side of the drawing, walling in the "stink pipe" but leaving a walkway between the two rooms? Any advise on the best way to make this into one bathroom?

The on the blueprint drawing, the left side is what the bathroom looks like now, and the right side an idea of how I might want to do it. Now, the two bathrooms are super small, have and have no cabinet space at all. I would like to creat a larger bathroom with cabinets if possible. any advice or tips are much appreciated!

Also, any ideas why the walls were filled with dirt? the wall between the two bathrooms had about 2 feet of dirt in them. The tub was completely packed with dirt, as if dirt was used instead of insulation or that foam stuff?

Thank you,
Donna

Old 01-05-07, 08:33 PM
D
ack! check back in a sec, scanning in drawings now...

Old 01-05-07, 08:48 PM
D
Here are the drawings:

Originally Posted by disasterdream
The pipe drawing is what the pipes look like if you are standing in the hall bath looking at the back wall, all pipes are in the back wall.

The on the blueprint drawing

Old 01-05-07, 08:50 PM
D
hope it works this time...

Old 01-05-07, 08:51 PM
D
cant get the image to show up, the url is

ttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/orionsmamma/Donnaandandy001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/orionsmamma/Donnaandandy.jpg

Old 01-05-07, 10:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If the walls are down, you cannot just move that old piping. You will have to install new copper piping most likely, to bring the plumbing up to code.

I wish I had more info for you.

Seems like this topic category does not get much attention.

I asked a question and haven't gotten a response yet.

As for the dirt, wow, I have never heard of that. Maybe the builders got lazy, or the walls were not sealed up right allowing over 30-40 yrs of blown in dirt to accumulate.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: