Watts Floodsafe Supply Lines

Old 01-10-07, 06:21 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Watts Floodsafe Supply Lines

Anyone have experience using these? I installed a set on both my sink and toilet. If you open the sink faucet about 2/3 it shuts off. If you open the shutoff valve on the toilet so that the tank fills some time this century the connector shuts off. Doesn't seem like these are a good fix if I have to keep taking off the supply line to reset.

Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBER; 01-10-07 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-10-07, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am reluctant to use them

For the reasons you are stating. A great deal of these supply lines are coming back as returns at the big box stores and anyone with high water pressure will not have much luck in dealing with their use.

I agree that the idea would be great if only they didn't malfunction so often.

I would return them and buy regular braided stainless steel supply lines.

Old 01-11-07, 06:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
For a properly applied pressure situation, I think they can be a big help, especially in a washing machine situation, where they are under constant pressure and unattended quite often. Open end them under too high a pressure will lock them down, as you say.

Old 01-12-07, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I took the introduction of a 'flood-guard' riser as a sign to go back to using chrome-plated copper risers. They aren't all that difficult to work with, and they *never* *ever* burst.

But flood-guards are a good idea for washing machines. Hardly anyone bothers to replace old washing machine hoses - until they break.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: