Vent Problem???

Old 01-13-07, 08:48 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vent Problem???

I ve been in this house for 17 years with out any real problems. Today I steppped on the tub drain while the water was running out and it caused the water in the toilet to be sucked out otherwise I have never seen anything that would make it appear I have a drain problem. Should I do anything about this.

Old 01-14-07, 03:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
It does appear you have a vent blockage. If you feel up to it, and safe enough, go up on the roof with a garden hose and run it down the vent pipe, chugging the blockage away. This will alleviate the soda straw effect you are now experiencing. Stick a straw in a Coke and place your thumb on top. Remove the straw and the liquid stays in the straw until you equalize the pressure. If you don't feel up to it, call a plumber. Safety is paramount.

Old 01-15-07, 08:03 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Checked the vent today and Im glad I didnt drag the water hose up there. I found a T shirt laying across the top of the pipe. T shirt gets wet, stops up the vent. T shirt dries, vent is OK. I think it got left up there when my new hvac was installed last summer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: