Shower valves

Old 01-16-07, 10:36 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Shower valves

I am looking for the name of the type of shower valves that prevent scalding in the shower when water is used in another part of the house.
Old 01-16-07, 11:03 AM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 81
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Are you looking for a new anti-scald valve to replace old (find at a local plumbing supply store) or just new shower fixture with anti-scald? All single handle shower's should have an anit-scald valve for the blister box pipes behind the shower control handle. 3and 2 handled showers don't have an anti-scald and as I understand it can't be retrofit. So replacing blister box/mixer = installing single handle shower control to bring the shower up to code.
Old 01-16-07, 01:23 PM
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 374
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Single handle shower controls now have to use a pressure balanced design to prevent scalding. This is typically done with an internal piston assembly (mine is in the form of a replaceable cartridge) that cuts water flow in one line if pressure in the other line drops and vice versa.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: