bathtub faucet /cold water seat housing threads broken

Old 01-20-07, 03:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face bathtub faucet /cold water seat housing threads broken

I need some ideas on how to fix this. when i pulled out the stem i found the seat just sitting inside and a piece of a washer. i dont know what this area should look like except for looking at the otherside. the threads were the seat screws into are broken and what ever fits their is missing. i'm pretty sure theres something missing because theres nothing to hold the seat in.what to do. do i HAVE to replace the whole thing or is there another option that doesn't require me to cut the tile out or the kitchen wall. reply asap it's been 11/2 wks since i've had my main w-line off. And landlord doesn't give a $#^)()(#!!!!!!!!!!. I may be a woman but i'm not stupid so just tell me what i need to do and if i can't do it myself i'll then i'll hire an $$$$$$plumber. until then i'm too stubborn to relinquish the riens!!!!!!
thanx
sweet67

Old 01-20-07, 06:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Tracy, welcome to the forums! The seats are replaceable, but you will have to buy a tool to remove them. How is the stem? is the screw intact where the washer was attached. I mention this since you said you found part of a washer in the seat area.
If you are renting, shouldn't this come under landlord responsibilities? I would notify them in writing just to CYA. Any work you do in the unit exposes you to liability.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: