End piece of shower diverter stuck in pipe....help!!!

Old 01-26-07, 11:41 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
End piece of shower diverter stuck in pipe....help!!!

I got the new diverter today and noticed that it looked a bit different than the one I took out. Reason being, the back piece of the diverter is stuck in the pipe. I can't get the piece out, which means that I can't get the new one in. The stuck piece just slides on on the back of the diverter. Is there a tool or something I can use to get it out. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
The diverter is by american standard . Replacement part is 11C-1D American Standard. Thanks.

The plastic bushing and screw on the end of the diverter broke on the old one, which is why it wasn't working. I was able to pick all the pieces out with some needle nose. Is there a tool I can use to get the diverter pc out out somehow?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-07, 07:02 AM
T
these are always challenging. no, there is not a specific tool. hook it, grab it, pull it. this is why i have an 11 foot utility truck but still never seem to have the right tool. you might be able to drill a small hole in it then get a sheet metal screw started. then grab that. let soak in a penetrating oil to free it up. try to rock it loose very gently. good luck.

Old 08-22-07, 08:57 AM
M
Amer Std divertor valve stuck in Pipe

I have the exact same problem. An American Standard 11C-1D divertor that the backing screw fell out and has allowed the back third of the stem assembly to stay stuck in the pipe tee. No doubt calcified in place.
I'm going to look for an internal wrench or easy out that might fit inside the brass barrel stuck in the piping. Did you ever find something that worked?
replies also to [email protected] would be great!

Old 09-23-14, 07:19 AM
D
I met the same problem, and find this discussion.

I was working on this for couple of days. Are there any tools and trick to figure this out?

any suggestion would be very appreciate.