New Plumbing System

Old 01-29-07, 12:20 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Plumbing System

I am considering purchasing a very old home (blt 1910) that needs all new plumbing. Can anyone give me a guestimate as to what that would cost? The house is gutted so there is total access to the walls. The house is 2 stories, 1.5 baths and only 900 sf.

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-29-07, 05:36 PM
Cost????????

I'm sure I could do it for under one million. OK seriously, Dependent on your location and the quality of work you expect, that will be the determining factor of the cost. Given such small parameters no professional would take a guess. In my geographical location (from your limited description of the job) the lower end bid would be around forty five hundred dollars. This would be turn key with all fixtures set in place. Honestly, you need to depend on someone in your area with an excellent reputation for quality and honesty to give you this price. And for goodness sake donít always take the lowest price.
I live in West Texas, my home is valued at $102,000.00. In Seattle Washington it would be around $380,000.00. So consider your location and find what is fair for your area. This is one part of your new home that you would like done right the first time.

Old 01-30-07, 08:57 AM
Re-pipe cost

Originally Posted by jlcalbre
I am considering purchasing a very old home (blt 1910) that needs all new plumbing. Can anyone give me a guestimate as to what that would cost? The house is gutted so there is total access to the walls. The house is 2 stories, 1.5 baths and only 900 sf.

Thanks for your help.
Agree with wrmiii, costs are regional, you have to get bids from the area that you live in. Get some [FREE] estimates from local plimbers and you should have a ball-park figure.Lots of luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: