gasline size & problem

Old 01-31-07, 06:11 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gasline size & problem

I just installed a gas fireplace. However, when its running for approx. 10-15min. the flame starts to lower and I have to turn the valve up, until it hit high.
Now, when I ran the gasline I tapped off the hot water heater which is supplied with "3/4 line which (runs off the main houseline "1 to the furnance). I tee into it and ran a "1/2 line. The run is about 15 feet. Also just a note: there is an old "3/4 line which runs the length of the house approx. 45 ft. use to be for a dryer in the basement. No longer there, dryer moved to main floor new line-10ft run "1/2 line no problems.
My Questions are 3 parts; 1) should I remove and cap old line dryer line? 2) should I replace the new line to the fireplace with a "3/4 line then reduce it to a "1/2 line closer to fireplace? 3) Could these lines be the problem for the new fireplace burning down? The gas fireplace is 20,000 - 33,000 BTU. Thanks in advance. Tom

Old 01-31-07, 12:53 PM
T
Unhappy

Well, I re-did all the gaslines; I replaced "1/2 pipes to "3/4 pipe, I also removed the old gasline in the basement for the dryer.
Still having the problem when I have the fireplace on low and medium setting. So now I'm wondering if it is the log burner itself? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Old 01-31-07, 03:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
You may have trash in the orifices. Not enough to cut them off, but enough to slow them down. Buy some computer cleaner (air in a can), and blow lightly over the burner to clear it of trash.

Old 02-01-07, 09:53 AM
Gas line

Originally Posted by tommyboy194
Well, I re-did all the gaslines; I replaced "1/2 pipes to "3/4 pipe, I also removed the old gasline in the basement for the dryer.
Still having the problem when I have the fireplace on low and medium setting. So now I'm wondering if it is the log burner itself? Hmmmmmmmmm.
You can't add a new gas fixture to your system without calculating the total load on the exiting piping, sorry.

................................................................................
"If all else fails, read the directions"

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: