Adding Faucet Sprayer

Old 02-03-07, 09:11 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Adding Faucet Sprayer

I have a Moen single handle kitchen faucet; sink is painted enamel and there's a hole in right side - but aerator (?) for dishwasher (I think that's what it is???) comes up thru the hole. Can I add a sprayer? Do I need a sink with another hole? If I CAN add a sprayer, is there a recommended brand/type? Estimated cost? What would be involved in adding the sprayer?(Double) sink - sinks are not 'full size' or deep so it's difficult to wash large items (like large pots or blender cups) - I miss having a sprayer!

Old 02-04-07, 05:03 AM
K
If your faucet doesn't have a sprayer you'll have to change the faucet. Get one with a pull out head. Moen makes one. You won't have to change the sink.

Old 02-04-07, 07:57 AM
Hose for sink

I have to agree with krankyoleman that your best bet is to replace the faucet with one that dosen't need the extra hole, your existing faucet may or may not be tapped for a sprayer; even if it is there is probably no diverter in it that activates the spray. This looks like the easy way to go. Lots of luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Old 02-04-07, 10:41 PM
The pull-out sprayer faucets will be your best bet.

If you decide to go with Moen...stay away from the 875 series type pull-out sprays; there is a backflow diverter assembly in the body of that faucet that is $75 to replace when it fails (and it does) and you won't know it is leaking down into your cabinet until long after the damage is done.

Just dealt with one this weekend and that particular series has problems with the backflow assembly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: