Outdoor Spigot Low Pressure Question

Old 02-07-07, 07:36 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outdoor Spigot Low Pressure Question

Hi. We recently had a barn constructed in our backyard. We had electrical and water lines run from the main house to the barn. In the last couple of days the spigot at the barn has been reduced to a dribble. The line that was run from the house was connected to the same copper piping in our basement that operates the spigot under our deck. The pressure was fine at both locations for the first month the barn was operational. The barn is just over 4 weeks old. The pressure at the spigot under the deck of the house is still fine but the pressure at the barn is almost non existent.

It's been quite cold here (Georgia) but not too bad. Lows in the 20's, highs in the 40-50s. Not sure if the cold would have anything to do with this pressure problem. I was hoping that someone here would have some thoughts on what's causing this problem. A blockage perhaps?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-07-07, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Did you put the water line below the frost line there???
Id pull the water valve off in the barn. Turn the water back on .See what kind of water you get then from just the pipe.

Old 02-07-07, 09:35 AM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The contractor had a plumber install everything and he used a ditch witch to dig a rather deep trench from our house to the barn in which the water pipe was laid. I am quite certain it is below the frost line.

You are talking to somone that knows absolutely nothing about plumbing so I wouldn't really know how to pull the water valve off at the barn.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: