Do I need an anti Syphon Valve

Old 02-12-07, 01:51 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Do I need an anti Syphon Valve

I am replacing my bath tub and faucet. The new faucet is a mixer. Do I need an anti - Syphon valve? The old plumbing had a pipe which went up into the wall and came down again - I assume there is probably an old anti - syphon valve up there somewhere (I haven't taken the sheet rock off). I have phoned the faucet company help line and they have said I don't need one but I just want to make sure.
Thanks.

Old 02-12-07, 08:32 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Only place I know an anti-siphon valve is required is at the water heater, and I think some places require them on toilet tanks as well. Not sure what you would be protecting from siphoning, since a faucet isn't submerged in water.

Old 02-16-07, 07:11 AM
M
anti-siphon

anti-siphon is not require as long as there is an air gap on the tub spout and any outer outlet (shower head/flexable shower arm) if the flexable shower handle can reach below flood rim of the tub then it need an back flow preventer of some type. I know that companies such as Delta already have a little check valve installed in the handle.

Old 02-16-07, 09:11 AM
Bath faucet

mjeter6 is correct, the only thing I would change is if you have a spout below the rim of the tub it has to have back-flow protection. Don't fret it, you should be good to go. Lots of luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: