How much to re plumb a house

Old 02-17-07, 08:03 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How much to re plumb a house

I just got a home inspection on a fixer upper house I might be buying. They said the supply pipes are near the end of their service life and are starting to leak at the joints.

Any idea of the costs involved in replacing all the supply pipes? The house has a crawl space and is on pier and beam foundation so access to the pipes should be pretty easy.

There is just a sink in the kitchen, toilet, water heater.

Old 02-18-07, 06:28 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
How big is a fish in the ocean? Absolutely no way to tell what the cost may be from this point.

I suggest you let your fingers do some walking, call up several plumbing contractors in the area and ask what they charge for an estimate. You may get lucky and get free estimates.

Old 02-19-07, 06:27 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Definitely get mulitple estimates. The first plumber I called re our basement master bath quoted nearly twice what the second guy did, and also claimed that a very simple bathroom would cost $15k if I DIY everything but the underground plumbing AND erroneously said I needed things I did not need (I knew this because I did my homework). The second guy (who we hired) is doing a great job though!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: