Connecting to roughed in plumbing

Old 02-20-07, 01:46 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Connecting to roughed in plumbing

I am finishing my basement, and need to add a small Kitchen sink and a bathroom pedestal sink. My roughed in plumbing is shown in the attached photo. My questions are regarding how to attach the drains (traps) for each sink on either side of this wall to this existing pipe/vent? The photo shows the one cleanout, and a pipe I presume is there to be used for one drain.Can I use a Y or T shaped pipe form this one ( sorry about terminology?) to go to eack sink and thats that?,or do they need to be separated in the stack? As far as venting, this pipe is draining my upstairs Kitchen sink, so does this existing pipe provide all the venting for it, and the new sinks,or what? Just want to make sure that the s%*t keeps flowing downhill

The supplies are PEX and I think thats all cool,just draining/venting is where I'm a little foggy?

hope this is enough info to start, thanks.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/madhatter1138/kitchen.jpg

Old 02-21-07, 11:43 AM
M
Little help? Anyone?

Old 02-21-07, 04:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Sometimes we have to digest your questions, run them by code and come up with alternatives for you. And for some of us, we have silly things to do like going to work, but I will try to help.
If the sink drain is a 2", you can use a 2"x 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" sweep "y", to collect from the sinks. The drain from the kitchen pipe should go on up through the roof and provide sufficient venting. Check to see if you have a vent coming through the roof above the kitchen. If so, you are cool. Supplies are PEX, and that is OK, just make sure they are installed correctly, and supported properly where they exit to a sink/toilet.

Old 02-21-07, 07:20 PM
M
Thumbs up

Oh i know folks are busy, np there,just a friendly little bump...

Thats the info I needed, thanks, and yes there is a vent above the kitchen .
Cheers!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: