Permits and codes for repiping w/copper

Old 02-27-07, 07:55 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Permits and codes for repiping w/copper

The house I am buying has galvanized pipes. I know how to solder and think I might attempt re plumbing the house with copper pipes, at least up to the main supply line to the house, for now.

Is this something I could do without worrying about permits and codes and all that good stuff, or do I need to get a permit and have my work inspected?

The house is on post and pier and has a nice crawlspace so I think that will make things way easier.

This is in Washington state by the way.

Last edited by jdubbya; 02-27-07 at 07:56 PM. Reason: d
Old 02-28-07, 04:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
It is always best to check with your local authorities when you take on a project like this, especially when it may affect a resale value, or safety issues. This is not to say you can't do it, but get the permits and have it inspected anyway. You will sleep better for it, and you may even learn something in the process.

Old 02-28-07, 07:32 AM
Who
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
I'll give a slightly different answer. Sometimes municipalities request permits for everything but few comply and those that do regret it. It might be worthwhile to call a call of the bigger name plumbing shops and find out is they normally pull permits for similar jobs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: