Tool for tightening kitchen faucet

Old 02-28-07, 10:26 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Tool for tightening kitchen faucet

I am trying to replace a broken kitchen faucet. That is a kind of pull out faucet that has only one hole on the sink. I wish to know if there is a special tool to unscrew it from underdeath the sink. There is limited space there and there is impossible to remove the sink, because it is a one-piece sink with the countertop.

Thanks.

Old 02-28-07, 11:35 AM
Kitchen faucet

They have what is called a basin wrench thats designed for limited places under a kitchen sink or something similar, but you didn't give enough information about the size that you trying to unscrew, it may or not be the tool to use. If you have a nut thats 1/2, 9/16 or 5/8 you probably can use a deep socket to remove it, best that I can do. Lots of luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Old 02-28-07, 03:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is it the kind of faucet that has the 2 copper water lines attached to the bottom of the faucet, plus a bolt, all together in a grouping, that go through the center hole in the sink? And underneath is a plate, with a nut up agianst the plate that was screwed onto the threaded bolt? If so, when you buy those faucets they often include a wrench. IF you have such a faucet, you could get at it easily with one of those hollow nut drivers of the right size.

Old 03-01-07, 12:09 PM
L
Thank you both. DaveBoy, it is exactly as you said. Maybe, I should buy the new one first to see if a wrench is included in the box.

Thank you again.

Old 03-02-07, 07:26 AM
C
Those basin wrenches are only around $15 at Home Depot and they are easy to use!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: