replacing baseboard heat run in bathroom

Old 03-04-07, 06:15 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
replacing baseboard heat run in bathroom

Strange question guys. I've gutted and remodeled our bathroom. In the process I removed the beat up old baseboard heater cover thinking I'd slap on a new blank that I bought from HD.

Well, the blank seems to be made to fit 2" fins and the system in our house has fins closer to 3". The existing piping/fins are in good shape so I'd rather not call in a plumber and swap them out. Is there something I'm missing on the fit? If not can you recommend somewhere to buy the larger blank?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance...

Old 03-04-07, 12:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whypayforit?
Strange question guys. I've gutted and remodeled our bathroom. In the process I removed the beat up old baseboard heater cover thinking I'd slap on a new blank that I bought from HD.

Well, the blank seems to be made to fit 2" fins and the system in our house has fins closer to 3". The existing piping/fins are in good shape so I'd rather not call in a plumber and swap them out. Is there something I'm missing on the fit? If not can you recommend somewhere to buy the larger blank?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance...
You could have one made at a sheetmetal shop. Then you paint it. Take with you another one of the right width in your house for a pattern.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: