Wastewater rise question

Old 03-06-07, 07:05 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wastewater rise question

I moved the Laundry room to the garage and will use the existing piping (water supply and waste) running under the garage concrete slab floor. I guess previous owners had a sink or something in the garage. However, the wastewater pipe has been disconnected from the sewer pipe and comes short of merging with the rest of the house sewer line going to the septic tank. Septic was replaced in 2003 and since the water was not used in the garage, hadn’t been attached (guessing again).
Here is the problem: the wastewater pipe coming under the garage into the crawl space, turns to be below the level of the sewer pipe (after the septic tank replacement) by approximately 14 inches. I wonder if I should install some kind of a pump in order to pump the wastewater to the sewer pipe or 14 inches should not be a problem for the water to “climb” and go to the septic pipe by itself?
Any suggestions? I am really stuck on this one!
Regards,

Old 03-07-07, 08:41 AM
Climbing waste water

I doubt that waste water will climb in your situation, get a pump, lots of luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Old 03-07-07, 09:32 AM
S
Thanx Shacko,
Don't you think that the washing machine pump will create enough pressure to push the water up to the sewer pipe--the vertical distance is less than 14 inches?
But, I also plan to install a sink at that location, so the washing machine pump will not help (if it helps at all) in case when the sink is used.
any other thoughts?
Regards,

Old 03-08-07, 06:44 AM
S
Any other suggestions?

Old 03-08-07, 09:08 AM
A
Is the washing machine drain line located on an exterior garage wall, or an interior wall near, say, a bathroom or kitchen in the house?

Old 03-08-07, 09:32 AM
Wash machine

Best that I can understand what your prob. is you want to connect into a line that is probably not connected to anything since the change of the septic system? [The old line is below the new line].

Wash machines will lift water well past 14in up, but they will not go down and back up to a sewer line.

Bottom line is that if most fixtures are below the main line, you need a pump, lots of luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Old 03-08-07, 12:40 PM
S
Thanks guys,
The washer will be located and hooked up to an exterior garage wall.
As per Shacko: I might turn to using a pump afterall.
Best regards,

Old 03-09-07, 04:30 PM
A
Are you able to run a new line from the new sewer main through the crawl space and through the garage at the correct height, so it isn't in the floor?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: