Water Emergency - Please Help

Old 03-07-07, 04:02 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Emergency - Please Help

I've lost cold water to the Master bath on the second floor of my home. It is not an old house, 1984. It is cold, 5 degrees but it's been much colder before. Cold water everywhere else in the house is fine. In the basement are two valves, the standard blue-handled on and off water valves. They are marked as the hot and cold feed for the master bath and go into the wall and thence upstairs. The cold water valve does not turn freely off or on. I loosend the bleed valve on the valve itself and water came out.
Do these valves go south? Is it practical to attempt top take it apart and replace the guts of the thing? Does this happen often. My water isn't especially bad or hard and the valve itself is clean, not corroded. The water was working fine last night.
Should I start at this valve and see what up or just call in a plumber.
Thanks Very Much

Old 03-07-07, 04:48 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
All fixed. Flaky feed valve in the basement. I loosened the valve stem thing and opend/closed the valve a couple of times and let it flush out and all is well. I'll just replace the guts of the valve over the weekend or maybe leave it the hell alone if it's still working and not leaking.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: