Basement Bathroom plumbed, air?

Old 03-09-07, 08:04 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Basement Bathroom plumbed, air?

I have finished plumbing my bath,and my question is that 24 hrs later, I have a bit of air in the system .I got it out in about 20 seconds running the taps upstairs and downstairs,and flushed the toilets. None of my connections downstairs are leaking (after some re- re-re -tightening of compression fit shut off valves.) Is the air just likely left over from tapping into the lines yesterday and it took awhile for all the air to come out,or is it possible that air is getting into the system,even though the new connections are dry? Was planning on drywall today or tomorrow.....No, I did not pressure test the system.

While I have your attention, some general questions for next time. Do you need teflon tape on brass to brass connections? Joining the pex to my delta shower mixer was a problem as even though it tighten it to the point of being red in the face,it still seeped for awhile.I redid it using ni teflon,and it is dry.

Also when using Secure Pex crimps,I noticed that some of the brass elbows or T joints can actually turn inside the 1/2" pipe.Is that OK? The crimps when on the same and I can't crimp it any tighter...They are all dry joints too..

Thanks for reading!

Old 03-09-07, 08:41 AM
Who
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
1. Yes... just trapped air. It'll all work it's way out.

2. Tape is good, just don't go past the first thread.

3. No clue...

Old 03-09-07, 04:33 PM
A
You always need tape or some sort of pipe sealent when making connections unless there is a rubber gasket

And yes, the crimp style PEX is able to turn after being connected without a problem. Thats one of the benifits of it(I've never had one leak before).

Old 03-09-07, 05:13 PM
M
great thanks !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: