wet area in bedroom !

Old 03-09-07, 06:05 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wet area in bedroom !

I hope this is not serious ! There is a small area in one of my bedrooms that has been very wet lately. I dried it up a few times but it keeps getting saoked with water ! This bedroom is adjacent to a bathroom. Before I assume the worst (like a water leak under ground due to a busted pipe), what can I check for to make sure it is not coming from under ground ? I really need some good advice here. Thank you very much !

Old 03-09-07, 06:39 PM
A
How close is it to the bathroom(on the same wall)? Is the wet room on a cement slab? Are there any other wet spots in the room? Do you notice if its wet more after you do something in the bathroom or is it the same regardless?

Old 03-10-07, 09:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by moonlite
I hope this is not serious ! There is a small area in one of my bedrooms that has been very wet lately. I dried it up a few times but it keeps getting saoked with water ! This bedroom is adjacent to a bathroom. Before I assume the worst (like a water leak under ground due to a busted pipe), what can I check for to make sure it is not coming from under ground ? I really need some good advice here. Thank you very much !
R U on metered city water?If so, does the water meter spin with nothing else on in the house? That way you'd know if it is a supply line leak or something else like a drain or underground leak before the meter, like rain water/snow-melt runoff of the house roof or something.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: