1-1/2 inch adapter?

Old 03-15-07, 06:46 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 49
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1-1/2 inch adapter?

I am trying to replace my tub faucet. The old one had 1-1/2 connector attached to the supply lines. Is there some sort of adaper that can be screwed in both ends to go from 1-1/2 to 3/4 of an inch which is what the new supply side of the valve is? I'm not comfortable with soldering. If there is no adaper, do they still make faucets that will be compatible with 1-1/2 size for the
supply pipes?


Last edited by soup006; 03-15-07 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-16-07, 10:36 AM
shacko's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore County Maryland
Posts: 2,002
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1 1/2 faucet

I don't have any idea what you are talking about, I have never seen a 1 1/2 connection to a faucet, sorry but you are not giving enough info.

"If all else fails, read the directions"
Old 03-16-07, 05:11 PM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 1,913
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My guess is we are talking about a union nut, like is used on price pfister 2 and 3 handle showers, other brands also.

You will have a hard time finding a matching union fitting. You might have to unsweat the union piece from the pipe.
Old 03-17-07, 05:54 AM
notuboo's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,699
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My first thought was unions also. I've ran 1 1/2" water lines to bathrooms before, but this wasn't housing.

soup006: what color is the pipe you want to connect to. Copper colored (even green will work) or gray? Metal or plastic?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: