Faucet Handle

Old 03-24-07, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Faucet Handle

I’m installing new bathtub surround in a house that was built in the late 50’s. All old, plastic tile is being removed and minor parts of the wall will be replaced. Currently, there are 3 faucet handles in the wall. There is 1 knob each for hot & cold water and 1 knob for the flow direction between the tub and shower faucet. I want to replace with a modern, single dial type handle. Is this a difficult project? Any advice would be appreciated. There is also an access panel so getting to the back of the pipes will not be a problem.

Also, my future plan is to have a pro install a tankless water heater. I’ve heard that temperature stabilization can occasionally be tricky with this type of unit. Should I use a particular type of faucet now, that will help the future part of my plan?

Old 03-24-07, 07:05 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It won't be hard to change from a 3 handle to a single handle faucet. Its just a matter of hiding the two side holes you won't be using anymore. Also to make the middle hole big enough for the new faucet. The actual plumbing won't be a problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: