Toilet/Washing Machine Rattles pipes..

Old 03-27-07, 11:22 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Toilet/Washing Machine Rattles pipes..

Sometimes when I flush my toilet or when my washing machine fills up with water and shuts off the water, my pipes rattles for a second. I have high water pressure, but for now, if I turn down/reduce the water valve to my toilet(under the toilet) and washing machine reduce the rattling? Sometimes when I flush my toilet or when my washing machine fills up with water and shuts off the water, my pipes rattles for a second. I have high water pressure, but for now, will turn the water value to my toilet(under the toilet) and washing machine reduce the rattling? How much does a licensed plumber charge to change a water pressure regulator in new york city area? Will putting in a water hammer help? How much does a licensed plumber charge to change a water pressure regulator in new york city area?

Old 03-28-07, 03:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
In order to find out pricing in your area, you will have to get local estimates, as we would have a difficult time giving such prices. What you have is water hammer, and installing a water hammer arrester will probably take care of it. Usually installing them at the washer is the easiest, since the pipes are quite often exposed. If you are on city water, you should already have a pressure regulator installed. It needs adjustment. See if you can locate it and post back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: