Vent 90 on closet flange.

Old 03-30-07, 04:04 PM
Vent 90 on closet flange.

I have recently gutted my upstairs bathroom and have ripped out all the cast iron and lead to replace with pvc. Upstairs i have 2x6 floor joist so i am very limited on space with the correct fall. I have tried to use a 3" street ell with closet flange and i am about 3" above finish grade. My only solution is to use a 3" vent 90 with my closet flange which fits perfect. Has anyone used this before and if so any problems. I am assuming it should work due to the previous lead joint seems to have the same sweep. Any info would be great. Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-07, 04:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If it looks the same...then maybe it is okay. But if the bottom is too flat and the drop too shallow below the toilet, the wax seal could more easily be compromised in time. And you have to consider the extra force employed when one plunges, also.

Old 04-01-07, 07:57 AM
Toilet fitting

That is one of the only areas that you can use a true 90 degree fitting, under a toilet only, you should be fine. Lots of luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Old 04-11-07, 08:39 AM
Been there. Am there. Done that. No problems.

With 2x6 floor joists, you do what you gotta do. You'll probably need a 4"/3" rubber band too.

Thank goodness for vent ells.