Exterior Gas Line


Old 04-05-07, 07:10 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 164
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exterior Gas Line

i need to run a gas line from the back of the house under ground to a pool heater that is about 60 ft away what is the best type of pipe to use and how deep should it be i live in buffalo ny
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-07, 03:21 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wet side of Washington state.
Posts: 18,482
Received 25 Votes on 19 Posts
I have a feeling you won't like my reply but the answers are all at your local building department.

Most underground gas piping is done with special plastic piping. Although it isn't the same as building a rocket to travel to Mars I think that you would be far safer to have a licensed contractor do this. You may be able to save some money by digging the trench. Your homeowner's insurance may frown deeply upon you doing any gas piping work unless you are licensed to do such work.
Old 04-05-07, 08:09 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: KY/OH
Posts: 3,523
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Code approved Normac Risers are the norm for entrance/exit from a structure.

More than likely you'll be required to have someone licensed to perform this task.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: