Removing Stainless Steal Kitchen Sink????

Old 04-16-07, 08:16 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Removing Stainless Steal Kitchen Sink????

I am attempting to remove my stainless steal kitchen sink. I have a wilson art countertop. I have disonnected the pipes and remove dthe faucet and clips mounting the sink to the countertop. I cannot budge the sink. It appears that the builder used some type of black (tar like) adhesive for the corners of the sink. I began attempting to remove the tar but it is almost impossible to remove it. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to remove the sink? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!

Old 04-16-07, 12:12 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
I hope that you don't plan on saving the sink because you will almost assuredly destroy it during the removal process.

Mostly it will be just grunting and groaning along with a big hammer and pry bars. This is why a non-hardening sealant is best for setting a sink although it is rarely done.

Old 04-16-07, 04:06 PM
W
Received 13 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Hi Try using a putty knife or scrapper and gently drive it under the lip of the sink, go around untill it breaks free.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 04-16-07, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Might try some heat on it . Is say not a lot but see if that helps. Use a heat gun or a hair drier.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: