Shower Vent II

Old 04-24-07, 02:22 PM
M
mjb
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower Vent II

My small bath has a single 2" vent pipe for the sink only. The shower and toilet do not have a vent. I have the walls exposed at this time. I believe that the original builder did not run a vent line for the toilet because of a window that sits directly above the toilet. I am not sure why the shower is not vented. Due to the way in which the roof is structured in the attic it will be near impossible to run a new vent. The measurement from the floor to window framing is 40".

Current Drain Directional Flow:
Shower > Toilet > Sink > Main Drain

Current Venting:
Shower(no vent) > Toilet(no vent) > Sink (2" vent to roof)

It appears to me that the best way to vent the shower and toilet is under the window and then to the sink vent.

Proposed Venting:
1- Shower 2" vent extending 38" from floor then utilizing 90d elbow and running pipe over to toilet.
2- Toilet 2" vent extends 38" from floor then utilizes a tee connector which accepts the shower vent and allows for piping to existing 2" sink vent to
the roof.

Will this configuration work?

Old 04-24-07, 03:29 PM
M
mjb
Here is a drawing of proposal.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/tact1999/dwv.jpg

Old 04-25-07, 04:25 AM
D
Check your local code, I bet it is fine. The window above the toilet has nothing to do with waste venting. There is a thing called critical distance. I believe it is about 6'-0" or so. If the toilet & the shower are within this critical distance from the sinks vent, then they can share it. But check local code.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: