Clog Pipes

Old 04-29-07, 11:32 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Clog Pipes

I Have A Clog Drain Line That Serves The Kitchen Sink. The House Is 54 Yrs Old And Has A Combination Of Galvanize, Cast Iron And Terra Coda Piping. There Is A Crawl Space. Problem The Clean Out Is Frozen And Will Not Come Off. Question Is It Possible To Remove A Section Of Terra Coda Pipe And Replace The Clean Out And The Section With Pvc?

All Other Drains Are Working Properly, My Wife Is Tired Of Washing Dishes In A #2 Tub.
Old 05-03-07, 10:42 PM
CSG is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Naples
Posts: 314
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes. they have fittings called fernco's that are rubber couplers. You can buy them for about any size pipe that you'll need. For example: you can get one that is 4" PVC X 4" Clay(Tera Coda)....

Just get a couple of those and a new clean-out etc with a little bit of PVC pipe and put it back together.

Be careful though, cutting Tera Coda isn't easy even if you have th eproper tools. Sometimes it will crack lengthwise. I would use a angle grinder personally to cut it if room permits.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: