Need to swap out sink lines?

Old 05-01-07, 04:37 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need to swap out sink lines?

I know it is advisable to shut off washing machine supply when not in use, even with steel braided hoses. It is also advisable to swap them out every few years.

Does the same hold true for steel braided sink lines? Do these need to be changed out every few years?

Old 05-01-07, 07:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Generally the steel braid lines are pretty bullet proof in normal use. Check them occasionally and make sure they aren't rubbing against anything, and they should give good service for more than a couple of years. Mine have been in service for 7 years, and I don't plan on changing them out any time soon. I do use the Flood Safe braid lines on our washing machine, just in case.

Old 05-04-07, 10:01 AM
C
CSG
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Personally...i'd change out to PEX 3/8" Lav supply lines. Hold up longer and better. The steel braided lines are over rated and don't last as long. Plus they can cause issues down the road if there is ANY stress in the line (ie. its a little coiled up). Some times they will back turn themselves at the nut. Plus if your one who turns your house supply off many times throught the year it degrades the life of the hoses.

Stick with PEX supplies. No issues whatsoever with em.

(Remember..i live in Florida so i'm not an expert on Super Cod climates.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: