Outside Faucet Question

Old 05-02-07, 08:29 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Outside Faucet Question

I am doing a city water main replacement project and need to setup temp water. this means that i run a hose to a house and back feed it though a facet. however several facets are woodford antisiphon. does anyone know if these can be taken apart and the check valve be removed? i am in desperate need a of a solution.

does anyone know what type of thread the packing nut has? could the whole valve body be removed and a plug be placed in the place of the packing nut?

what do you think about removing the check valve part of the valve? do you think that this would be possible?

Old 05-03-07, 01:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Backfeeding through an antisiphon valve won't work. Don't disassemble it, and don't replace it. The water you will be feeding must be regulated somewhere. Have you figured that one out yet? If it is regulated, you might be able to backfeed through the water heater drain. It will stir up a little stuff at first, but may be your only bet.

Old 05-03-07, 07:02 PM
R
it was easy.

i took apart the valve and removed the little cup type washer and put things back together. i added a little bit of new packing and everything is wonderful. now i can back feed the house through the outside facet.

Old 05-04-07, 03:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
What are you backfeeding from? What is the pressure rating? If the pressure is too high, it will burst your garden hose, damage your interior fixtures, and could blow out your T&P valve. I didn't post that warning for fun. Check it out.

Old 05-04-07, 06:21 AM
C
CSG
I agree with Chandler..seems the Op has already solved his own problem, but that is a dangerous situation. I'd say he got lucky taking a risk if it all went well.

Old 05-04-07, 11:51 PM
R
the meter setters don't have pressure regulators. there is between 40 and 60 psi. i am using a senniger hose designed for drops on a center pivot irrigation system. my temp water has been up for a couple of days now and things are working great.

like the project engineer says, "i haven't killed anyone with water yet."!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: