Proper venting for sewer ejector pump

Old 05-07-07, 07:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 88 Upvotes on 81 Posts
Proper venting for sewer ejector pump

My house is under contract for sale and the buyer's home inspector found the vent for a Zoeller Qwik Jon which is located in the basement not vented properly. I agree with his finding. The 2" PVC vent pipe was never vented to the outside of the house. However, the inspector says the atmospheric vent must be run above the highest peak of the house. My plumbing contractor disagrees.

My plumbing contractor doing the repairs says that he can run the 2" vent through the exterior wall with an elbow turned down as long as it is not located within 10 feet horizontally of an operable window or door. He says he has had numerous of them inspected by our local county inspectors, who are known to be pretty strict.

Who is right about this - the plumbing contractor or the home inspector? Until we get this issue settled, everyone is all up in arms over it.

I need the advice of some expert licensed plumbers.

Thanks,
Kooter

Old 05-08-07, 10:53 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vent

This is another question pertaining to the local plumbing regs. The inspector or the plumber may be right, but you have to call up the local office to find out for sure, luck.

Old 05-08-07, 11:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 88 Upvotes on 81 Posts
The plumbing contractor talked with the plumbing inspector this morning and he said running it through a vertical wall was okay as long as it was no closer than 10' (measured horizontally) to any oparable door or window. The plumbing contractor then called the home inspector and told him he had installed a number of these vents this way and the inspectors have always approved it. He also told the home inspector that he just gotten off the phone with the plumbing inspector to confirm the installation. The home inspector quickly said it would be okay...and that he would call the seller's agent so she could advise the buyer it was okay that the vent did not have to go above the roof.

Geeeezzzz - what you have to go through to sell a house is unbelievable.

Thanks!

Old 05-10-07, 03:26 PM
ICC allows for the vents through the wall, with several conditions to be met. Listen to the plumber.

Old 05-11-07, 07:56 AM
C
CSG
Not to offend anyone...but home inpsectors are home inspectors for a reason. And that isn't because they are just so damn good at it.

And if i did offend anyone..i apologize in advance. I'm sure there are some home inspectors that are great and very good at their job.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: