Waste from shop to septic.

Old 05-19-07, 10:12 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Waste from shop to septic.

I would like to install a toilet and sink in a shop and hook up to the existing septic system. The shop is about 50' from the tank. The line would require one 90 degree turn or two 45's. A slope of 1/4" per foot would put the line below the level of the septic by the time it reached the tank area. I was thinking I could put in a bin and pump up and tie into the existing waste pipe coming from the house. Does this sound like the correct way to do this? Also, is a 1/4"of slope enough given the distance? Thanks for your help.

Old 05-19-07, 10:49 AM
C
CSG
Slope: Depends on what size pipe your running. For example in Florida you can run 1/8" per foot on 3"+ pipe. 1/4" per foot on 2.5"- pipe. So if you have fall you could run 3" pipe from septic to building then reduce.

Pump: You could by a grinder pump and throw it in there so when you exit the building you could pump it up to the main sewer line. That works fine as well. Just make sure it is a grinder pump or similar that handles solids up to 2" in size.

Old 05-19-07, 10:54 AM
Tie in to septic

"MOST" of the time you can run 1/8in. on a 4in. underground line, if this won't work the pump is the only answer.

If you can pump up and reach a line thats going downstream to the septic, thats the way to go, luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: