New toliet/pipes banging

Old 05-22-07, 11:51 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New toliet/pipes banging

Hello,

I recently installed a new glacier Bay low flow toilet. When I replaced it I also replaced the shut-off valve and braided hose. After several months it has started making an awful, very loud banging when I flush it. The banging is intermittent and it's at the start of the flush cycle, not the end as I would expect with a water hammer issue. Also, whenever it makes this banging noise it takes the tank a long time to fill up. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and how to correct the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Lori

Old 05-22-07, 11:56 AM
C
CSG
Yse. It is your fill valve (ballcock) in the rear left corner of the toilet. You probably have a piece of debris in it or it just wore really fast. Easiest thing is to just replace it. They are cheap...under $10 usually at hardware store. Easy to replace.

Other step you could try, which takes about the same time, is to take the valve apart and clean any debris out if there is some. I don't know what kind you have so hard to tell you how to take it apart. (i know the toilet, not the valve )

Old 05-22-07, 12:17 PM
L
I'll try that, thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: