Hydro-Quad Installation Manual

Old 05-23-07, 12:33 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hydro-Quad Installation Manual

Hello All,
I have just moved into a home that has a Hydro-Quad (United Standard) water softener system. Model # HQ 1054 FE 1.5.
I am in desperate need of the install / maintenance instructions. Can anyone help me out??
Thanks so much in advance ,
Tami

Old 05-23-07, 01:27 PM
C
CSG
Well..basically it is just like any other softener from what i can tell..installation wise.

On the rear of the tall cyclinder you should see a in (usually on left side) and an out (usually on right side). You find the water where it comes into your house and run the line to the IN and then the OUT goes to your house.

You'll need power for the plug as well.

Also you have a brine tank. There should be, or you can get one yourself, a small plastic line you run to the brine tank and hook it up.

I went to their websire. Usually manufactures have install pdf's but not this one apparently. If you need mor edetail...just ask.

Old 10-28-07, 07:31 AM
R
I have the same hydro-quad model as mentioned below, that came (broken and unused) with the house I bought 5 years ago. I had a guy service it, who rebuilt the valve body and replaced the motor drive and injector set. It has worked great for 2 years since then, but now water from the brine tank is dripping out the overflow because it didn't empty after the last cycle. I don't have a manual and have been told it might be the float that needs replacing. Knowing nothing about the system except how to add salt , I am going to have someone look at it tomorrow but I was just curious, how old might this softener be? I was told it was a very good model and I am hoping that it's worth the money I am spending on it? Thanks so much for your time.
One more thing..I can't budge the shut off valve at the top of the water conditioner-I was hoping to bypass it altogether until this is fixed. Do I need to unscrew something to turn this lever?

Old 10-28-07, 08:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 10-28-07, 12:01 PM
R
Thank you! I hadn't been able to find much online...it looks like the company changed it's name.

Old 11-10-07, 09:50 PM
T
Hydro-Quad Timer Motor Broken

I'm also in the same situation. I have the same model (HydroQuad) already installed on a house that I bought 2 years ago. I've looked at the valve assembly on top and discovered that the drive motor is no good any more.
I have written to the folks at UDI (thanks so much for the post for their website) to find out about getting a replacement. I will post back to let you all know how it goes. It sounds like I may not be the only person to have this problem.

Old 11-13-07, 03:20 PM
T
Useful link

I found an online supplier for repair parts for the hydro-quad. Hope it helps. I have yet to try it out but will post how it goes when I do.

Old 09-06-08, 12:43 PM
M
Red face home that has a Hydro-Quad (United Standard) water softener system. Model # HQ 1

We have a home that has a Hydro-Quad (United Standard) water softener system. Model # HQ 1054 FE 1.5.
I am in desperate need of repair/ maintenance, we live in Austin,TX. I hope someone can help.

Old 09-06-08, 08:11 PM
T
HydroQuad Repair

I forgot that I was going to post about the repair. The rebuild kit that I ordered did very nicely, and the repair was very doable. It took about an hour as I recall.
What is the problem with your unit?
With mine, it was the timer motor that burnt out and was no longer working. I bought the kit that replaced the motor and the valves and gaskets. The trickiest pat of the repair was avoiding dropping the screws into the insulated enclosure (my unit is outside.)
You can email me offline for specific help, or we can discuss in this forum.
BTW, I'm also in Austin.

Old 10-21-09, 03:54 PM
T
hello, I have just come across a Hydro Quad model# HQ948FE and wanted to install it in my home, I have no idea weather or not the unit works and an trying to get an Instalation instruction manual. can anyone help me? My water service has so much calcium in the water and if i can get this unit to work I will be a very happy camper. thanks.

Old 09-05-10, 02:58 PM
D
I just picked up a used qydro-quad HQ948FE and it did not come with the instuctions for the set up does any one have any information that can help me PLEASE!

Old 10-09-10, 07:18 PM
A
Question Hidro-quad model 948FE

We just moved into a house with a hydo quad water softener 4 in 1 with 4 functions in it. We put salt in it and tried to turn it on. It hasnt been used for over a year. It is making a ticking sound . how do i get this thing to work
If you have time to give us some advices..or if somebody have a manual

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: