Fixing the garden faucet...

Old 05-27-07, 05:43 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Fixing the garden faucet...

My garden faucet is leaking pretty badly and I believe is in need of new washers. I have the washers, but how do I go about changing them? I am afraid that water will spew everywhere it I take the faucet off to fix my problem.

Also, the inside valve for it is most likely in need of a washer itself and I would like to replace it. Any ideas on how to go about that without water spraying everywhere in my crawlspace?

Old 05-27-07, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well, you have to turn off the water to fix valves. If the first shutoff leaks by, you have to go back to the main house shutoff. If that leaks, you have to get the city to come out and close the curb stop. Then fix all those other leaks!

Old 05-27-07, 06:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Is the "garden" faucet attached to the house, or is it free standing, connected by a hose from the house? If attached to the house is it a regular sillcock or a frost proof sillcock? Is it leaking on the outside or on the inside? What type valve do you have in the crawlspace to control this faucet? It may help, if you aren't sure about the styles, is to take a couple of pix and post them on a site such as photobucket.com and give us the urls so we can see what you have.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: