Adding a hose extender on an outdoor faucet.

Old 06-02-07, 01:45 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding a hose extender on an outdoor faucet.

Our frost proof outdoor faucet is mounted on the side of the house and is VERY hard to get to with the shrubs and flowers that bloom in spring and summer. We are looking into getting a "hose bib extender". The water flow would be controlled at the hose bib extender. My question is, is there any problem with leaving a frost free faucet on all of the time? (We of course will disconnect it when the cold weather sets in in fall.) Thanks!

Old 06-02-07, 06:50 PM
W
Received 31 Upvotes on 25 Posts
I leave mine on all summer. One has a hose attached the other is semi buried behind some shrubs and I just ran a short length of hose with a shut off valve and hose connection at the end.

Old 06-03-07, 10:49 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,280 Upvotes on 1,218 Posts
Might be cheaper to use a short hose and a shut off valve. Anyway, what you propose should be fine.

Old 06-03-07, 11:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
There exists a store bought "caddy" extender that does exactly what you are wanting to do, and has a post with another faucet mounted on it that is driven into the ground at a chosen location. I know this because I replace 4 or 5 of the frost proof faucets every spring after they "oops, I forgot" to turn off the spigot and drain it,... "drain" being the key word here. Keeping water in the tube defeats the purpose of the frost proof faucet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: