Finding a leak in the wall?

Old 06-07-07, 08:37 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Finding a leak in the wall?

When i run my dishwasher, i get a leak...outside the house!

During the drain cycle, water appears at the base of the stucco immediately outside the kitchen sink area, pooling underneath a lip that's several inches above the ground. There is a bit of plastic molding underneath the lip with what appear to be weepholes...and that's where the water comes from.

Under the sink - totally dry. Sheetrock - dry. I have not pulled out the diswasher yet, but there's no water coming out onto the floor.

There is a 2" cleanout on the same exterior wall.The threaded plug is outside the wall, sealed and dry. All drainpipe is ABS plastic.

I cannot duplicate this problem by running water into the sink.

Help!

Last edited by woodshelter; 06-07-07 at 08:51 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-07-07, 09:36 PM
C
CSG
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Grab yourself a screwdriver and remove the bottom plate of the dishwasher. Grab a flashlight. Look under the dishwasher. You shoul dbe able to see to the wall behind it. See if there is water underneath. Also run the dishwasher and see if you can see water dripping underneath.

Chances are...just a guess...your drain hose came off or some part under the dishwasher is leaking. The water could be taking the easiest way out which is towards the rear instead of coming out the front where you can see it.

Post back with what you see.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: