Pump & tank PSI 50, house is 25 PSI, I'm confused.

Old 06-10-07, 08:18 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pump & tank PSI 50, house is 25 PSI, I'm confused.

My pressure regulator gauge shows 52 lbs and I checked tye tank withh a tire gause and it shows 50 PSI. I checked the outside hose and it's about 25 PSI. This explains the low pressure in the houose but can't seem to find out how. Please help. thanks

Old 06-11-07, 04:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Is it possible you have a valve only partially opened? Are you using 1 micron filters instead of banking two filters with 5 micron then 1 micron? This sometimes causes a drop in pressure. With only a 1 micron filter, it clogs rather quickly, whereas using a 5 micron ahead of it will pick up the larger stuff and allow the 1 micron to do the work it was intended without water restriction.

Old 06-11-07, 05:03 AM
S
I'm not usingn a filter. This is well water going directly into the house. I have not found a valve other then the one by the tank which is fully open. Could it be a restriction in the main-line somewhere. Possibly a pebble or something like that/ is there a way for me to test and narrow the obstraction down if that's the cause. Thanks for responding.

Old 06-11-07, 08:29 AM
A
Very odd if this is a "static" pressure test. No water flowing anywhere when you did this? I might be tempted to look for another pressure regulator somewhere, set to protect the house piping from overpressure, and somehow now set too low.

Old 06-11-07, 08:59 AM
S
Odd it is. I'm sure there is no water running or leaking. The pump turns off when it hit 50lbs and remains off. I'm going to crawl under the house (and I mean crawl) and check things out. I'm begining to think there might be a pebble or something like that blocking the flow. thanks

Old 06-12-07, 09:26 AM
M
Hit the gauge a few times. Well people use $2 gauges which last about a month before sticking.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: