Low water pressure with new kitchen faucet

Old 07-02-07, 11:35 AM
Low water pressure with new kitchen faucet

Just finished installing a new Grohe faucet (model #33759SDS if anyone is familiar with it). The faucet looks great but I am disappointed that it puts out less water than the old (much cheaper) Delta faucet it replaces. I've double checked that water supply valves (hot and cold) are turned all the way "on" and that there are no kinks in the flexible supply lines to the faucet.

Just wondering if anyone knows.... is low water flow a characteristic of the Grohe faucet? Fortunately, the flow is probably still within the "livable" range, but it will take a little longer to fill the sink for doing dishes, etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be appreciated. Maybe there is something I have overlooked to improve the water flow?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-07, 11:39 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 16
Try unscrewing the aerator from the end of the spout to see if it improves. I think if you check the directions it may say to do this to flush any manufacturing residue out. You may simply have a clogged aerator.

Old 07-02-07, 11:45 AM
Group Moderator
Okay, took me a while to find it. Here's the spec's:

2.2 gpm at 60 psi, 2.5 gpm at 80 psi (9.5 lpm)

Not sure if the sprayer end will remove to accomplish a flushing or inspection for debris.

Old 07-02-07, 09:58 PM
Low flow is a characteristic of ALL kitchen faucets today.

I don't know if it is a federal law or just a California law but there IS a law that limits the flow rate from faucets used in residences. Since manufacturers make their product to sell nationally they rarely (except in the case of automobiles) make two different models of whatever.

The law was passed with good intentions, to save water, but it really just makes for a longer time to fill your pot before it goes on the stove.

Old 12-26-07, 08:13 AM
Low Flow on Grohe

I had the same problem on a new Grohe (same faucet different finish) Ladylux Plus. Look at the exploded view fig 8 on page 3 of the owner's manual. Part X is the flow rate limiter inside the handspray. Remove that and the faucet will flow like a champ. This is assuming there's no blockage further upstream. The handspray should only be finger tight on the end of the hose, so it's easy to remove. I used the hook end of a paint can lid remover to pull the limiter out. It won't just fall out because there's a O-ring on it.

Last edited by CNTRTOP; 12-26-07 at 08:27 AM. Reason: added information