Changing Out Bathroom Fixtures

Old 08-07-07, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Changing Out Bathroom Fixtures

Hello Everyone:

Wonderful forum. A question if I could please. New construction. Delta preplumb and Delta fixtures in all bathrooms.

The wrong color fixtures were put into the master bath. Installer is saying he can not take out the fixtures without extensive marble removal, etc. Don't the faucets just unscrew? This is not a change of fixture. The entire house was supposed to be brushed nickel with the exception of one bath that was bronze to match a light fixture. In the master bath the installer put in the correct style, but the color is wrong. To a novice it would seem to be a no brainer. Get the correct color faucet and put it into place.

I would appreciate suggestions on how to deal with this situation. I can provide additional details regarding model number, etc if that information is needed in order to answer my question.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-07, 06:56 PM
all the tub and shower trim would be able to be replaced while leaving the valves where they are. it shouldn't require any changes to the tile. lav. faucets can either be replaced if they're one piece or the trim can be swapped out if they're widespread. the hardest part of this might be the drain pop-ups if you have pedistal sinks. otherwise, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Old 08-08-07, 06:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
He probably doesn't want to crawl back under sinks or try to undo tub drain? and risk leaks as all the matching drains will be wrong also, I'd imagine.