Old drain pipe under kitchen sink

Old 08-25-07, 03:12 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: usa
Posts: 9
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old drain pipe under kitchen sink

I live in a 50 year old house and am putting in a new kitchen sink. The drain
pipe coming out of the wall is an old rusted 1.5 inch iron pipe with the thread partially stripped. Is there a way to attatch the new plastic drain pipe from the sink to this pipe without being able to tighten a nut around this old metal pipe?
Old 08-25-07, 06:03 PM
ray2047's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 29,711
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Yes. They make a rubber coupling sometimes called a Fernco. They look like a short piece of hose with two hose clamps. You will need one that reduces from 1-1/2" pipe to 1-1/2" tubing. Lowes or Home Depot or any good hardware store should have them.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: