kitchen faucet hammering

Old 09-07-07, 08:31 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question kitchen faucet hammering

what can be done, or what is causing the hammering in the faucet. It is a simple two handled price pfister, when I turn on either side (especially in the lower pressure) the faucet hammers, the sound(pounding) is not in the walls but in the faucet itself ... any ideas on repair,

Old 09-08-07, 10:35 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Do you have a faucet sprayer? If so, the divertor is most likely the cause.

Old 09-08-07, 01:10 PM
I
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
no it is just basic faucet, no sprayer, any other ideas,

Old 09-08-07, 02:36 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You might want to see if the faucet is the sprayer type that someone plugged the sprayer hole located under the center bottom of the faucet, and pluged the 4th sink hole. I have ran into this very thing already. In fact recently I had to remove the diverter out from inside the cylinder the water spout goes over! Unless you already know it's not. Other than that, I have no idea. A faucet is not an abrupt water shut-off device which can cause water hammer.

What happens when you turn the water handles off slowly?, and otherwise experiment with the speed at which you close them?

Oops! Slapping myself in the face. Just thought of something. You may have a loose washer or equivelant parts whether in the faucet itself or down in the shut off stop valve(s) under the sink. THAT is maybe what you've got!

Keep us posted on what this mystery is, please.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: