snapped cooper piping

Old 09-15-07, 10:41 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation snapped cooper piping

please help, while moving the refrigerator away from the wall the cooper water supply line snapped in half. i need to know the name of valve to disconnect the water, without turning off house water supply, or is there a connector that i can use to join the two lines together
Old 09-15-07, 10:39 PM
steve_gro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 967
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You might be able to join the two sections together with a compression union. There are any number of valves that could be used to control the water to the fridge.

I use 1/4" copper tubing for ice-makers, provide a 1/4" angle stop to shut it off, and leave a few loops of the tubing behind the fridge to allow it to be pulled out.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: