Water Hookup to Washer Leaking

Old 09-17-07, 08:40 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Hookup to Washer Leaking

I'm not knowledgeable in this area at all so I'll try to explain the best I can. By our washer there is a turn off valve for the cold water. Below that is a brass fitting that I'm assuming is attached to copper pipe (can't see it, it's behind a wall). The leak is at the brass fitting. It looks as though there's a crack in it. I've shut off water to the whole house. When I turn on the cold water valve some water comes out and then it trickles. If I close the valve with keeping the whole house water off, it seems to build pressure back up and then more water comes out. I can't loosen the brass fitting. If I try it seems like the whole pipe tries to turn. I'm guessing we'll have to cut the drywall. Will we have to cut the fitting off, rethread the pipe & put a new fitting on?

Old 09-17-07, 04:41 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can you take a picture of the pieces? Is it leaking at the joint of the brass piece and the valve or does it appear to be leaking from the area you think is cracked? If the brass piece indeed is cracked, then you might have to open up the wall and replace that piece.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: