gas line installation

Old 10-03-07, 11:31 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gas line installation

I have only two things to run off of natural gas and I want to run the line myself instead of paying 1600-2100 for a plumber
the first thing is a central air and heat I don't know how many
btu's it is but the ac guy said i should have no problem with my 1200 square foot home.the last thing I want to run my jen air gas grill model jgd8130 I believe input is 36,000 btu hr.what size pipe would I need to run this line would 1/2 inch work or do I need to go to 1"...The line would start at the side of the house
under the house to a tee about 20' and up the wall to the furnace first about 9' then to the gas grill witch is about 22' so total gas line would be around 50' give or take a few inch's.

Old 10-03-07, 06:01 PM
Any idea why it costs so much to put in a gas line. Before you just blame the price gouging plumber, who are you going to sue if a fire occurs.

Carry this on a little further. What do you think your home owner's insurance company will tell you when they find out you did gas work on one of their insured properties.

Who's pulling the permit for this work, a home owner can, but it still requires an inspection.

I don't doubt you skills regardless of the questions asked. I just don't think you realize why you need a plumber / gasfitter performing this work.

Good luck with your project.

Old 10-03-07, 06:33 PM
wtf

well first off i live where rita and humberto came through
so yes there are hurricane prices here.Second who gives you the right to act like a total ass to me I asked a question I don't need some dip **** telling me who am i gonna sue if my house burns down.If you don't know the answer then don't post.I have completely redone my home due to hurricane rita this is the last thing I need to get finished how bout you come and live here and let a hurricane almost destroy your home and see what kind of prices you get for someone to do the work ahole.
how bout 3000.00 to sheet rock and float two rooms or 6500.00 for a roof.you have no clue what its like to live here.If anyone know the answer to my questions great if not i'm sure I'll fine them my self.

Old 10-03-07, 09:17 PM
P
wow, you need to chill out. all notuboo's points are valid. there is a lot that goes into certain jobs that nobody seems to want to pay for. some of that is the knowledge that it takes to propperly size a gas system. you really need to know the btu requirements on the furnace. when you say gas grill, do you mean bbq? 36,000 btu's is fine off a 1/2" line but the distance does make a difference. i can guarantee you that the furnace will need a much larger line. what size gas line are you planning on pulling this from? over kill is fine if you want to be on the safe side. i would run 1" to a 1"x1"x3/4" tee. run 1" up the wall and reduce it at the furnace. run a 3/4" line the rest of the way and then reduce it at the bbq. make sure to install condensate tees wherever they're needed.

paul

Old 10-04-07, 06:30 AM
its a gas range It has a grill on one side and two burners on the other.as for the furnace im not sure ill have to get in the attic and look.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: